Because of the calling of our ministry, we desire to allow for freedom of belief and conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone; and that no such interpretation shall become an issue, which hinder the call of our ministry. Each Board member, staff and volunteer is expected to be in agreement with the statement of faith below throughout term of involvement with Soncatchers.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each of these possesses equally all the attributes of deity and thus the characteristics of personality. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; II Corinthians 13:14).
- Jesus Christ is God, the living God, who became flesh through His miraculous conceptions by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He is equal with the Father and Holy Spirit. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He rose from the dead after three days to demonstrate his power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven where He, the only mediation between God and man, continually makes intercession for us. (Matthew 1:22,23; I Corinthians 15: 3,4; Hebrews 4: 14-15).
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He is the source and power the Christian needs for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. We are to seek him daily. (John 16:7-13; Galatians 5: 22-25; Corinthians 2:12-14; Ephesians 1:13, 5:18; Romans 8: 26,27).
- The Bible is God’s word to us. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs about living. It is truth without error. (Psalm 119:105; Proverbs 30:5; 2 Timothy 1:13, 3:16; 2 Peter 1: 20-21).
- The salvation of man is God’s free gift to us, his grace, and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or efforts. Only by man’s faith and trust in Jesus Christ, can man receive salvation and eternal life. (Titus 3:5; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 3:26).
- Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally in Heaven with God through forgiveness and salvation, or eternally in Hell separated from God by sin. (John 14:17; Romans 6:23; 8:17-18; 1 Corinthians 2:7-9; Revelations 20:15).
ALL YOUTH OF ALL FAITH GROUPS ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MINISTRY OF SONCATCHER’S MENTORING PROGRAMS.